Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Pink Blanket

So it's been quite a year! After being unemployed for almost a year, Danny finally has a job that he loves and that is perfect for him....He is a professional photographer and a local studio that handles the Senior pictures for many area high schools. They also do under classmen and yearbook portraits. His dream is to have his own photography business someday and this is the perfect launch pad for him! I'm so happy for him!

I had a scare back in May when I was temporarily laid off from my transcription job due to the economy, but God miraculously gave me my job back sooner than expect and on the day that I was about to sign with another company. I absolutely love my job and the company that I work for, and I'm so thankful that I get to work from home everyday!

We are still living with my sister, Rachel. It has been 8 months now and we ahve no idea how much longer it will be. I get discouraged when it seems nearly impossible to put any money aside for a place of our own....there always seems to be some unplanned medical/vet bill, or something else that pops up. We are continually thankful for having a place to live that still allows me to work from home and allows our pets to live with us, but sometimes the walls of our bedroom seem smaller and smaller and the desire for a place of our own is so very real. But we serve a great big God and I know that no matter how the numbers on paper do not add up for us, he can provide the perfect house for us when the time is right. So I'll just keep praying for my pink blanket! (this is in reference to a testimony of how God answers prayer that I recently read in Jim Bob and Michell Duggar's book 20 and Counting. I won't share the whole story here, but you can read about it here http://books.google.com/books?id=GWSeYWSIBdQC&pg=PA72&lpg=PA72&dq=pink+blanket+duggar&source=bl&ots=zXQvzMuNeR&sig=0UwXGTNSeWBp4PlMXJEwDUhcBZA&hl=en&ei=HM1wSpiBK5-MtgfCkbSnDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1 )

I hope you are all having a wonderful summer! We have enjoyed a pretty mild July for SC, actually. Some days are still insanely hot, but we had a day this month where I was able to work from the front porch all day and the weather was spectacular. Danny and I have done several fun things like visiting the Old Santee Canal State Park, going to the new Mt. Pleasant Waterfront Park and the Charleston Waterfront Park, all of which Danny had a wonderful time take pictures (but unfortunately I don't have any to share here because they are all on my external drive in the other room!) We also enjoyed going to a church league softball game. I wish we had been able to go to more, but they are usually too late. Hopefully, Danny can join the league next year....he so loves to play!

Anyways, I just wanted to share with you all since you haven't heard from me in months. As I always say, I'll try not to stay away so long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey hey! sounds like you are having a busy and fun summer. sux that we have not been able to hang out as much :( what's up w/ that? lol! guess we just busy working and relaxing ;) well take care and see ya soon! xoxo!
Kim