Well, now fully grown, Ginger stands about 4 inches taller than Sabrina and weighs about 20 pounds more. She is a beast! and I love every pound of her!
I love the way she spreads her legs out behind her when she lays down...
I love how she gives her daddy a hug every morning by sitting on the bed and putting her front paws on his shoulders.... I love how she and Brina play together... I love how she has favorite words like Woodrow, Squirrel and Light-Maker. (A light-maker is basically anything that causes a reflection or light spot that she can chase/follow....cell phones are great lightmakers, as well as mirrors, shiny tins, car lights across the walls at night, laser pointers, or even just the sun shining through the window onto the floor in different patterns).
These things are what make Ginger who she is and I wouldn't change a thing! In fact I could fill a book of all the things I love about Ginger Lou! She is such a special dog!
Last year as we approached her 1st birthday, I saw a blog about another dog's birthday party and I thought it would be a fun idea. So I made Ginger a dog friendly birthday cake and a homemade dog toy, invited my family over and we had a birthday party!
Well the birthday party was such a hit last year, I decided to continue with the tradition this year! This year dogs got their own individual cakes.
I made birthday bandanas for the canine guestss to wear...Neighbor (and Ginger's husband) Woodrow, the birthday girl, sister Sabrina and cousin Mr. Mack.
Ginger got lots of presents!
Woodrow especially loved playing with her toys!
All in all, it was another great success! Thankfully it didn't rain so the dogs were able to play outside.
I look forward to celebrating many more birthday with my girls!











1 comment:
awesome! I had special treats for Dove on her birthday but she didnt know any other dogs so no party but I think its a great way to create fum memories. I pray they stay healthy and well for many years.
Post a Comment