Sunday, April 6, 2008

missed me?

Well, I obviously haven't kept up with a monthly update, but the beginning of the year was pretty mundane for me....nothing much worth reporting. We had a pretty mild winter here in South Carolina. I love living just down the street from Rachel, I walk to her house or she comes up to mine all the time....and our dogs get along great with each other. I think if dogs could marry ours would. They are so cute together! Here is a picture of them - The Golden Retriever in the front is my Sabrina and Mackenzie is Rachel's 1/2 yellow lab 1/2 golden retriever mix.
The other picture is Rachel and I at our church Ladies Retreat in January.



On March 8th, which is also my neice Jaquelyn's birthday, my Mammaw Willa Deen passed away. I'm so happy that now she's in Heaven with Papaw and will not have to suffer anymore pain or sickness anymore. We will all miss her terribly....she was such an amazing spiritual cornerstone for our family....but I can't even imagine what a wonderful time she is having in Heaven right now. After having the funeral here in SC, we went to Ohio where she was to be buried to have a service there as well. We got to visit with a lot of old friends and family. We never miss an opportunity to spend quality time with our family....especially since we all live so far away and only get to see each other maybe once or twice a year....if that. We, as cousins, have always been close, but we have grown even closer over just the past couple of years. I value any time that I get to spend with them. We always seem to have a card game or 2 going on....this particular weekend, Poker was very popular. I'm looking forward to the 4th of July weekend when we have our 2nd annual Cousin's reunion!




Well, another major thing that has happened in our lives is the new job that Danny started this past week. He is now working for a fire protection company installing sprinkler systems in apartments and other buildings. I'm happy that this job will be easier on his back. He has had back problems for years and working in the construction/lumber industry has not helped that. He also will have opportunities for advancement in this company, so hopefully in the future that will help us financially. The only downside is he is working out of town 4 days a week for the first year and a half. He leaves early Monday morning and comes back Thursday night. Being apart for half the week is definitely not exciting to me, but I hope this allows us the opportunity to grow closer and stronger as a young married couple. Also, I think this will be an opportunity for us to grow closer to God and to lean on him for our comfort when we are lonely. Also, hopefully it will allow/force me to form relationships with others....I do not get out often and often rely on Danny and Rachel solely for my companionship, but I want to be able to reach out to others and find other friendships that I know God has for me. I have a wonderful life group family from church who meets at our home each week to learn more about God and to fellowship with each other. Each one of these people are very special to me and I'm sure that they have been put in my life "for such a time as this."

Well, it's about time to go to church, but just wanted to reminded you all to say a pray for Rachel and my mother-in-law Barbara and all the others from my church who are in Ecuador right now on a mission trip holding health clinics and building a church. They return this Friday.

1 comment:

Smooches, Kara said...

Yeah it's great to see you back on here!! I know how you feel about getting out there with other friends. Having the surgery made me sit in my house for two months and now it's hard for me to get motivated to get out. But I want to! ANd I definitely want to see you guys as much as possible. I have Twizzlers :)

Keep blogging girlfriend!!