Well, the good news is that Danny is no longer working out of town!!! It only lasted a month, then he decided that he would rather find a job where he could stay home. I think it was harder on him that it was me....which I didn't expect...but he was away from his home and family, sharing a hotel room with a guy who snored loud enough to wake the dead! I still had the comfort of my own bed, the companionship of our wonderful dog, and all our friends around to help me whenever I needed them...or just to keep me from being lonely. Danny is now working at another local lumber....which is work that he knows and enjoys....except for the strain that it puts on his back :(
Well this has been a month of birthdays.....2 friends, my niece, my father-in-law, my grandmother, and my twin sister and I celebrated our 32nd birthday.....all within about 2 weeks. fun! fun! fun! So, with all the birthday fun we have enjoyed a AAA baseball game, putt-putt, bowling, cornhole tournaments....and a LOT of cake. Danny got me a sewing machine for my birthday! I'm really anxious to get started on a quilt and some other projects that I have in mind :-)
Here is Danny and I with our friends Josh and Kim on my birthday. We thought it was funny that Danny & Kim matched and Josh & I matched!
Here is Danny and I with our friends Josh and Kim on my birthday. We thought it was funny that Danny & Kim matched and Josh & I matched!
So, here is something I have observed lately...and it has really made me appreciate my husband even more than I already did. I know a couple who have recently separated....which I myself think is very sad. I think people should make every effort to save a marriage....and yes it will take HARD work and sacrifices, but that effort will be rewarded. Love can be restored. I believe God blesses marriage for those who take it seriously and value it the way He does. ....but anyways, my point....I have had the opportunity lately to observe this couple and I have seen more kindness and respect between them than I ever have. Now, maybe they are just being "nice" to each other for their kids' sake....not wanting them to see their parents fighting or something. But it just makes me sad for people who take things for granted until its too late. If we would just choose love and honor and respect for our spouses everyday....even though sometimes it gets easy to take them for granted or to be rude to them or just blow up at them because you can get away with it.....we would all have healthy, happy marriages. Now I know I'm just a newlywed, you say. I haven't been married long enough to experience the trials of marriage. But right now I make a choice to respect, honor, love, and support my husband, to not tear him down in front of others, and if he does something that upsets or offends me, I will wait until we are in the privacy of our own home to discuss it rather than air my feelings to anyone who will listen.....because he deserves better than that. Back to this couple I know....I don't think God has given up on them yet, and maybe their respect and consideration for each other lately is part of His healing for their marriage....I truly hope so.
1 comment:
Love is great and marriage is hard work. God in the center allows all hings to happen. After 32 years, I would trade Shirley for none other and God has allowed us to grow together and forgive many "weaknesses" on each side. Truly, "what God has put together, let no man put asunder."
Love you,
Uncle Dave
Post a Comment