Ever since hearing of the tragic death of our Pastor's wife, Tania Burgbacher, this past Tuesday in an automobile accident, I have been trying to make sense of it in my mind. Not that it has to make any sense to me. God is in control. He has a purpose and it's not always for us to understand. But here is how my mind works....
When I think of angels, they are very tangible beings...I credit that to the wonderful way that angels are depicted in 2 of my favorite books by Frank Peretti, "This Present Darkness" and Peircing the Darkness." I think that prepartions in Heaven for Tania's homecoming were at their height on Tuesday morning. Angels were readying her mansion for her arrival, the crowning ceremony was scheduled, and her bejeweled crown was polished to a brilliant shine. It may have started out as an excited undertone, but as the day wore on and the hour got closer, all of the Heaven was buzzing with anticipation. "Tania is coming today!" the angels exclaimed to each other. I believe we all have our own personal guardian angels...and I'm sure Tania's angels were in awe as they were debriefed that morning of their duties for the day....what an honor, to be able to escort their faithful servant to the Throne Room of the Most High.
Yes, those of us that were left behind, to follow her at some other appointed time, are grieving our loss. I can't even begin to imagine how her family is hurting right now. But when I think of her reception as she entered the gates of Heaven, I can't help but smile and think how lucky she is.
7 comments:
That's really beautiful Beka. This entire week I haven't been able to shut my eyes peacefully without a baracade of random thoughts about Tanya, her family, our loss, and her gain. It's hard to wrap our earthly minds around. It was a tragic accident, but as you so elegantly depicted it was a grand homecoming for Tanya to her Father's house.
Beka you painted an awe inspiring beautiful picture with your words! One that my heart & spirit leap at and rejoice in! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, it did push the pain & hurt away a little. Love you much!
My sweet Beka, How beautifully you have said what you see in your heart. I agree with Barb that you have painted a wonderful picture of a homecoming of a saint. I cried but with a joyous spirit as thinking of the anticipation going on in heaven that day. I saw that anticipation on the earthly side with your grandpa which made his passing much easier for me. Yes our loss is heaven's gain with all those who have gone on before us. I am glad I am prepared for heaven and to meet them again. Connie Skaggs
That was a beautiful. It was ruly touching.
Beka, I love it..and yes, I cried..it was so inspiring and joyous, yet, so peaceful and comforting. You put into words exactly how I thought and felt the day Dad left this earthly place and went "HOME". I think of how that happened many times and get so much comfort from it...to know that the ones that God has called are there waiting to rejoice with the angels when we step through the gates someday....as I have said many times about what I told Dad.."to go ahead and check it all out, and when I get there show me the neat places first". God is so good and I am so glad He chose us to be His children.
Beka,
I love it!!! Thank you for sharing your insight. May I add one more thing. It comes from experiencing a time recently with Tania in Ecuador, when we were surrounded with unusual beauty and comfort. She remarked with such delight in her voice "I was meant to live like this!" She is living that and even more. She wanted us all to see that beautiful place and enjoy it as well. She is looking forward to showing us heaven and her Most Beloved. I can't wait. Thanks for your picture. Joyce
thank you beka for that beautiful word picture. it helps put perspective on this hard situation...
Post a Comment