Thursday, October 23, 2008

Contentment

I was reading Phillipians 4 this morning....Paul starts off by saying "Rejoice in the Lord always." I can speak from experience, as can most people, it's not that easy to rejoice ALL the time. should I be rejoicing that Danny has been out of work for 4 months, and that we have to sell our house and move into a small bedroom at my sister's house....but the verse doesn't say to rejoice only when you are in a great mood or if you've just won the lottery....it says ALWAYS. So i'm doing whatever I can to not let anything steal my joy. Paul goes on to say, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Now I can't say that I've mastered the "don't be anxious" part, but I'm trying with the help of God and some medication. But, in all honest, who of us can say that we don't worry about things. I do know that with every major decision Danny and I have had to make this summer, I have felt complete peace about it. And when those anxious thoughts do come up in my mind, I just have to go back to and do what Paul says in Phillipians 8-9..."Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." He goes on to say "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

SO no matter what is going on in my life, I am content because I know the strength of God will help me through this. SO how do I stay content? It's all in how you look at things. Sure, Danny has been out of work for 4 months, but I have gotten to enjoy having him home with me everyday. Sure, we have to sell our house, but now I get to live with my 2 best friends. Sure we have basic bills and medical bills coming out the yang, and only have 1 income now, but through God's faithfulness in taking care of us, not one bill has gone late. So I keep telling myself, my God is bigger than this....He has a plan.

Do I think it will be easy living in a small room in my sister's house? No, I'm sure it will be trying at times and we'll all get on each other's nerves eventually, but I thank God for her everyday....without her, where would we go? So, she gets a live-in cook and yard boy and we get a roof over our heads....not a bad deal!

So, though I haven't blogged in months, that's what has been going on with us. Now I'll share some recent pictures with you.

This first one is Danny and I at his best friend Josh's wedding to our good friend Kim Perry.



Here is a cool picture Danny took at the zoo of Rachel and I chatting on a bench in the Gardens.


Here is the most adorable, sleepy, grizzly bear I have ever seen!


And here is my adorable dog, Sabrina (we call her Brina). She's so spoiled because when she looks at me like that, she can get anything she wants!





I'll try not to stay away so long....





No comments: