Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Welcome 2010

I hope all of you had a wonderful Holiday Season year. We did, although i was sad that so many
friends and family got to see snow for Christmas and we didn't. Next year I think I just might be a snow chaser and try to find some for our holiday! The first weekend in December, Rachel, Danny and I went to Charlotte to visit our cousin Brandy and her husband Tim. While we were there, we went to the Billy Graham Library. It was all decorated for Christmas with lights and garland. They had a live Nativity in the evening and horse and carriage rides! It was absolutely wonderful sipping hot chocolate, riding in an open horse-drawn carriage with a blanket drawn over my lap, listening to the jingle bells on the horses' harnesses. Magical! And we also got to tour the Library and learn about the life of one of History's greatest men of God.


We enjoyed our usual family traditions this year including a candlelight service at Jeri and Jim's where the Christmas story is read and we sing carols before exchanging gifts. Then we get together at my parent's house for Christmas Eve and we go to Danny's parent's house on

Christmas Day to exchange gifts. We, of course, always enjoy great food as well! We had several other random Christmas parties spread out in the weeks before Christmas! Our hope is to be able to host a Christmas party of our own in our own home next year!
Danny and I are still living with Rachel, but we are feeling the itch to find a place of our own. We are waiting on God's perfect timing and hopefully all the pieces will fall into place soon with a place that will fulfill our needs and the finances to sustain us. Danny loves his job at Lifetouch and we are so blessed to both have jobs we love and to work for great bosses. I feel so blessed and my heart overflows with the peaec and joy that I have. To look at our lives (and our checkbook), some may think we have so little, but I have a husband who loves me, I have a roof over my head, I have good health, and I honestly am content...what more could I ask for! I know 2010 has many blessings in store for us, and I wait in anticipation to see where God is going to take us, together!




1 comment:

Keena said...

I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing pictures....I pray that 2010 will be a year full of blessings for both your family and mine...