The other day I saw a KFC and it reminded me of Mammaw....when we were younger...probably teenagers...mammaw used to take us to lunch sometimes at KFC or Pizza Hut. I miss mammaw so much but I'm so lucky to have had such a wonderful relationship with my grandmother and to have so many fond memories of her. When we were children we would spend one morning a week with mammaw. I mean we saw her more than that, but this was our special time set aside every week for Bible study, crafts, lunch, etc. I can't put a price tag on those times. I still have the children's bible study book that mammaw taught us from (actually I gave it to Kristi to carry on the tradition with her children). Mammaw would let us take turns reading from the book. She even had prizes for us when we did well on our bible study homework. What a precious time in my life! After our bible time we had a craft time--I also still have several of the things I made during that time. Mammaw taught us to paint. she taught us to make chocolate chip cookies and homemade donuts out of biscuits. She also taught us how to quilt, cross stich, embroider and crochet. How lucky were we to have such an amazing Mammaw!

1 comment:
She was such a remarkable woman. Indeed you were blesses to have her as grandma
Post a Comment