I remember when I was little and all my aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents lived in the stated, separated only by a few hours, most only by a few minutes, and we would always gather at my grndparent's house for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. Spent hours playing with our cousins outside or in my grnadparent's basement while our parents would be upstairs playing cards and preparing a fantastic feast. Now we are all grown and have families of our own and we have to juggle our own work responsibilities (and not enough PTO) with in-law visits and school schedules and gas prices! Our visits are few and far between and I just wish that we could have another big family holiday dinner again, or at least all my immediately family could be together on this day of Thanks. But Rachel, Danny, Dad and I are all working on Thankskiving day! I am grateful that Danny and I will be able to gather with my parents and Rachel's family on Saturday for our Thanksgiving meal. Kristi and her family are spending the holidays in Disney World and I know they will have a perfectly magical time that is not likely to be matched! But with danny's parents 1000 miles away, and my cousins spread all over the country (and Europe), 3 of my grandparents deceased and my remaining grandmother not able to travel much....I'll just have to cherish our times together even more when I do see my family. So Today I am thankful for my cherished memories of the holiday gatherings of my childhood!

2 comments:
Oh,what fun we would have when 30 - 40 of us would get together. So much laughing and talking going on it was hard to keep up. It seems there was always room for everyone even though my parents house wasn't large. Always leftovers no matter how many were invited or there and whether we ate one, two or even three times that day. Great times and memories and those can never be taken away. Thanks Beka for reminding us of the good times we've had as a family over the years. One thing I loved is how everyone always was made to feel welcomed be it family or friend. Mom
Thx for sharing your family memories!!
Post a Comment