Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Contentment...

"...I have learned to be content, whatever the circumstances." Phil. 4:11 NIV

Now lets face it, I have NOT learned to be content in every circumstance...in fact, often times I find myself wallowing in discontentment, unhappy with our 1-bedroom apartment and having no money and feeling like I haven't accomplished things that a woman in her mid-30s should have accomplished by now....but then there are days like today:  This morning I lay in bed for an hour after waking up enjoying the calm and quite and comfort of my blankets....and enjoying the freedom of a Smartphone.  I have spent hours watching a new favorite TV show today while cross stitching a project that I have spent months on and will like spend several more weeks/months on but I love it!  I have the 2 best dogs in the world lying at my feet and when they ask me to take them outside I find that it is my favorite weather--upper 70s and very breezy.  I work 2nd shift but I get to work from the comforts of my own home, so that even while working, I'm always home when my husband gets home from work.  And did I mention my husband is amazing!  How can I not be content with my life! 

Thank you, God, for the reminder of this day!

2 comments:

Heather King said...

It's nice to have those reminders of blessing!

Daylilygrl said...

God's so good! He reminds us every time we get like that... even if sometimes it's a frying pan to the head! :) love you.