Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I is for internet...

what a fantastic invention...I mean seriously! I think I'm more grateful for things like the internet and email and cell phones because I can remember a time when these things didn't exist.  Granted, it was a simpler time, a wonderful childhood where we called our friends on the phone and talked for hours while sitting in the same spot because the phone receiver was connect to a cord in the wall...or a time when we would go visit people so that we wouldn't lose touch....or even a time when we wrote letters to keep in touch across the miles.  These time were wonderful....but now I can use my cell phone anytime, anywhere to call someone, or catch up through email, or text, or facebook or a million other ways.  In a way I feel sorry for our children and our children's children because not only will they take for granted how easy it is now to connect with our friends and family but they will also miss out on the deeper connections made from the effort it took to write a handwritten letter or to make a phone call to grandma or to visit a friend who is sad or sick...instead of sending a quick "how r u?" text or facebook message.

And all this talk reminds me of this hilarious video about the conveniences we have in this day and age....enjoy!

http://youtu.be/8r1CZTLk-Gk

1 comment:

Keena said...

that video is too funny!!! but so true right?